An Anchor volunteer is any individual who is in recovery, or an ally of recovery, seeking to offer their time. Volunteers are a vital part of the community and are always interacting with the many people we serve here at Anchor.
Anchor provides meaningful, beneficial, and rewarding volunteer opportunities to everyone. Volunteering can be done to support your recovery, gain community service hours, or just to give back! Volunteers support Anchor Recovery’s mission to offer a supportive environment for individuals in all stages of recovery.
By volunteering with Anchor you will be able to work in a scheduled, and supportive work environment. Volunteers perform tasks that algin with real-world skills, to better assist as they potential re-enter the work-force.
Current Opportunities at Anchor Include:
- Activity Leaders: Use your skills and abilities to teach a workshop, or a fun activity
- Event Volunteers: Volunteers are needed to plan and help with events like Rally4Recovery, the Halloween Party, Cookouts, and other events
Once our new Center is up and running we will need volunteers for:
- Computer Lab: Help, and Monitor in our computer lab. Basic computer skills are needed
- Greeters: Welcome members to our Center and guide them to their destination
- Beautifiers: Do you enjoy being outside? Help weed, water, and clean the neighborhood for us and our neighbors
Have other ideas on how to give back? Apply and let’s talk!
To find out more about getting involved, please fill out the Volunteer form.