Ethics Training Application
Anchor hosts a two-day, 16-hour ethics training for those seeking Certified Peer Recovery Specialist certification. Please note: the Rhode Island Certification Board requires 16 HOURS of ethics training for a first time CPRS certification. Please visit www.ricertboard.org for more information on the CPRS certification.
It is REQUIRED that you have completed a Recovery Coach Academy BEFORE applying for this ethics training. If you have not attended the Academy, please refer to the "Training" tab for an Academy application. Applying does not guarantee admittance to this training. We will contact you to follow up. Thank you.
The 2020 Ethics trainings will be on March 16th-17th (Postponed), and November 4th-5th!
Code of Ethics and Conducts
- RECOVEREE-CENTERED: Anchor is a recoveree-centered community center and all peer supports shall be based upon the needs of the recoveree.
- NON-DISCRIMINATORY: Any recovery coach/peer recovery specialist or volunteer shall not discriminate against any recoveree, staff or professional colleague on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, social or economic status, sexual preference, marital status, gender, disability or degree of disability.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Recovery coach/peer recovery specialist shall ensure each recoveree’s right to privacy by maintaining confidentiality in all information relative to that recoveree in accordance with applicable law and ensure that any discussions relative to the support of a recoveree or confidential information about a recoveree shall be held when such discussions cannot be overheard by third parties. Recovery coach/peer recovery specialist will not discuss a recoveree’s confidential information or share confidential documents with any person who is not directly involved with the recoveree. All applicable releases should be signed.
- RESPECT: Recovery coach/peer recovery specialist shall treat everyone with consideration, respect, courtesy, fairness and good faith. Recovery coach/peer recovery specialist shall use accurate and respectful language in all communications.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Recovery coaches/peer recovery specialist are in kind employees of The Providence Center and shall maintain high standard of performance in their specific disciplines. Recovery coaches/peer recovery specialist are responsible for their own licensing and certifications.
By electronically signing this document, I agree to abide by these ethics to the best of my ability.
By electronically signing below, I agree to pay the $30 fee with cash or check on the day of the training.
By electronically signing below, I attest that all information provided on this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Anchor Recovery Community Center will respond to your application with a follow-up email.
Thank you for applying!