ATTENTION: The next Recovery Coach Academies will be on May 11th -May 15th, and October 19th - October 23rd
Education (fill out all that apply)
Do you have a high school diploma or GED equivalent?*
Each Applicant must explain in detail the reasons why he/she should participate in the Recovery Coach Academy. Include your ability to demonstrate and promote recovery and any advocacy work you have participated in in the community. Please use the box below.
Each applicant must provide two references that will attest to the applicant’s appropriateness for being a Recovery Coach. Anchor may contact these references to address applicant’s recovery, volunteer work, and the applicant’s participation in the recovery community. This can be a sponsor, counselor, faith leader, friend or co-worker.
*Additional letters of reference may be submitted in person at 1280 N. Main Street, Providence, RI 02904 or by emailing directly to firstname.lastname@example.org following the completion of this application.
Code of Ethics and Conducts
- RECOVEREE-CENTERED: Anchor is a recoveree-centered community center and all peer supports shall be based upon the needs of the recoveree.
- NON-DISCRIMINATORY: Any recovery coach/peer recovery specialist or volunteer shall not discriminate against any recoveree, staff or professional colleague on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, social or economic status, sexual preference, marital status, gender, disability or degree of disability.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Recovery coach/peer recovery specialist shall ensure each recoveree’s right to privacy by maintaining confidentiality in all information relative to that recoveree in accordance with applicable law and ensure that any discussions relative to the support of a recoveree or confidential information about a recoveree shall be held when such discussions cannot be overheard by third parties. Recovery coach/peer recovery specialist will not discuss a recoveree’s confidential information or share confidential documents with any person who is not directly involved with the recoveree. All applicable releases should be signed.
- RESPECT: Recovery coach/peer recovery specialist shall treat everyone with consideration, respect, courtesy, fairness and good faith. Recovery coach/peer recovery specialist shall use accurate and respectful language in all communications.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Recovery coaches/peer recovery specialist are in kind employees of The Providence Center and shall maintain high standard of performance in their specific disciplines. Recovery coaches/peer recovery specialist are responsible for their own licensing and certifications.
By electronically signing this document, I agree to abide by these ethics to the best of my ability.
By electronically signing below, I attest that all information provided on this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Anchor Recovery Community Center will respond to your application with a follow-up email. Feel free to come in or contact us at (401) 721-5100.